Brown’s Bog Reflection

We went to Brown’s Bog on a day with crummy weather. I think this had a large effect on my view on the trip. There were no birds chirping and no sun shining through the trees. I think on a day with nice weather, Brown’s Bog could have seemed much prettier and full of nature. On the day we went, it seemed kind of dead. There did not seem to be much life there, other than what was constantly reiterated to be poison sumac or poison ivy and we had to be sure to stay away from it. There were small things growing from the ground that looked like they could have been mini tree stumps. This was interesting to me because the only other time I’ve ever seen this was at a national park in South Carolina. I know that they were not actually the same thing, based on looks and how they would have been described differently if they were,  but it was still interesting to see the visible similarity. If given the opportunity, I would love to visit Brown’s Bog again on a nice day to be able to truly take in the beauty it has to offer.